St. Anne’s School provides a broad balanced curriculum based on the requirements of the British National Curriculum. The aim of this curriculum is to:
- Prepare pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society.
In addition, as is required in International Schools, full attention and respect is given to the learning of the Spanish Language and Literature, Spanish Social Studies, traditions and culture, which is the essential heritage of the vast majority of our pupils.
- To provide a social and academic environment that fosters learning.
- To strive to ensure that Catholic attitudes and values are embedded in the fabric of school life.
- To provide through the curriculum, teaching methods and allocation of resources, teaching and learning situations which enable all pupils to:
- Develop their intellectual capacity to the full.
- Stimulate their curiosity, creativity and imagination.
- Develop their aesthetic awareness; assist in their physical and moral development, and acquire an appetite for further knowledge and skills in later life.
- To be a caring community in which the individual is given a sense of significance and importance and a consciousness of the needs of others.
- To be a participating partner in the wider community, welcoming parents and other friends of the school to share in our work.