The Primary School is divided into two parts, Key Stage 1 (Years 1-2) and Key Stage 2 (Years 3 – 6). Year 3 is seen as a transition year between the two Key Stages.
Key Stage 1 (Years 1-3)
Our approach is designed for your children to:
- Enjoy a happy and secure learning environment where they are valued
- Develop lively, enquiring minds where they question rather than merely accept
- Acquire knowledge and understanding which will equip them for future challenges
- Obtain skills that they can transfer to other subjects or situations.
Key Stage 2 (Years 4-6)
- Academic Excellence: We encourage high levels of achievement through targeted goal setting and development of a “Can Do” attitude.
- Creative Thinkers: We provide stimulating practical tasks, encouraging the pupils to challenge ideas, predict outcomes and draw conclusions as intrepid investigators.
- Communicative Participators: Through carefully planned pair and group tasks children discuss, debate and arrive at decisions on a daily basis.
- Aspire to Achieve: We recognise the unique talents of each child and nurture and guide them on their journey to reach their full potential.
- Growth Mindset: Children learn that their basic qualities are things they can cultivate through their efforts, that everyone can change and grow as emotionally intelligent individuals through application and experience.
- Integrated Role Models: Pupils form beneficial links with younger classes through our House Captain, Playground Monitor and Special Friends programmes.
- Beyond the Curriculum: Children move outside the classroom to enjoy lively and stimulating trips, workshops and residentials.